Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I've Been Giggled!

There’s always a certain mix of trepidation and anticipation to getting reviews. I’ve had plenty by now and although I have developed confidence in how my work will be perceived I still get a little bit of nerves.

But now I’ve been “Giggled”.

One of the more prominent reviewers in the e-romance genre is Mrs. Giggles. Actually, it’s not just e-books. The infamous one will take a shot at just about anyone. She’s tough, not afraid to speak her mind and has no fear of being passed over by publishers for giving bad reviews. (If you don’t think this happens then you aren’t paying attention. Even the worst movies find a reviewer to call them “exciting” or “stupendous”. It happens in publishing too.)

She’s the Simon Cowell of romance. And she just reviewed Switch. So I was nervous, especially because Switch is not a romance when viewed outside of the greater context of the Bruce & Mandy storyline. It’s a sexual romp, albeit with a twist. I knew she would mark us down for that. I think she did, a little bit.

But overall, I am very relieved and quite pleased. Hey, if I can take a Mrs. Giggles review and have this for the last line?

“Naturally, it succeeds in doing so, which is why this story is pretty cool.”

I’ll take that from an honest and tough reviewer EVERY time. *grin*

You can find the full review at www.mrsgiggles.com .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Doesn't a good review just make you grin?