Pages

Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Importance of Environment

No, not a blog about global warming... rather that I was thinking about my creative environment. The people I surround myself with affect both my desire and my ability to be creative.

My lady is visiting me for the Fourth and in her presence I find myself thinking more about plots and solutions, characters and arcs; everything that is a writer in me is more awake and alive with her in my environment. What's more, the peole we chose to associate with when together feed my creativity; people like fellow author Heather Fowler and the new friends with whom we watched fireworks. Knowing that they have a passion for their music or shaping their home the way I have a passion for shaping phrases.

Tonight, we have dinner with author Samantha Sommersby and her family and I expect the same energizing result.

I know that just having Alessia near stimulates me. But it is more than that. It is the circles I wish to travel in while in her company. They feed me.

No comments: