Pages

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It's Odd The Way Life Works

So...The change I never wanted is now forced upon me. Where I go from here is a complete unknown. Somebody had to take a fall. I understand that, and I understand why it was me. I could probably rail at windmills and get some sort of twisted satisfaction out of it, but not any real change. This is the way it is going to be. I must move forward, must bend my head and push against the wind. Perhaps I've been doing that for awhile now. Certainly the last 9 weeks have been more about a struggle to remain in place then they have forward progress. Maybe this is not the beginning of a wind-impeded walk but the end of one.

In the morning, my life will begin again. My children will need to go to school, I will want a cup of coffee and I will still need to prepare for my tax appointment. The only change is that I won't have anywhere I need to be at 9:45 a.m.

No comments: