Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Imagine That...

So I pulled out my bass tonight...first time I've had it out of it's case in at least five years and I'm sure it's been ten since it was plugged into an amp. I walked it a little bit, played a couple of simple riffs; a little Stray Cat Strut, some Ozzy, a little Deep Purple, Queen's Another One Bites the Dust. I was just playing around with some friends after their three year old went into an air guitar routine. I was thinking about something Kat Dixon said to me a couple weeks ago, about how happy she was to know that I had played. Something I don't think she said, just implied...that once you have a love for music, it will always lurk under the surface. You might not sit at a piano or pick up your guitar for ten years, but it will still be like renewing a love affair when you do.

Now I have a desire to try writing a song again. Imagine that...

5 comments:

Imp said...

You're makin' me wish I'd kept my keyboard!

Angel said...

It makes me VERY HAPPY to hear this!

-Gwen, aka Guitar Slut

Will Belegon said...

D'oh!

Gwen, I just realized that you and I have never discussed the subject at all. Yeah, I played a little bit in high school, garage bands, etc. Just enough to be able to brag to the girls that we were in a band, ya know?
But I do promise...no platinum blond hair with purple streaks or red spandex pants this time around...

Imp said...

OMG! That image just made me spew Diet Coke all over my keyboard. You owe me a new laptop now, bub!

*chortles* red spandex pants *snort*

Murphy Jacobs said...

Returning to music after years away really filled up a hole in my life I hadn't even known was there.